With masks now part of our daily attire our Tuesday Tip looks at ways to avoid skin breakouts (aka maskne) caused by wearing them.
- Choose a mask made of 100% cotton as it allows skin to breathe a bit.
- Treat it like your underwear and wash it frequently!
- Ensure your mask fits properly to avoid chaffing.
- Simplify your daytime skincare routine as the mask will intensify product delivery to your skin (important to note if your products contain actives such as retinols or acids).
- Tone down your make-up, particularly if you sweat underneath your mask.
- Cleanse and moisturise your face thoroughly at the end of the day.
If you end up with maskne, try applying Folli Oil Emergency Fix on the spots. It's a targeted 2-step treatment that works on spots as well as ingrown hairs.
Don't forget we offer bespoke skincare advice so if you need help with your skin, get in touch and we'll do our best to help.