With masks now part of our daily attire our Tuesday Tip looks at ways to avoid skin breakouts (aka maskne) caused by wearing them.
- Choose a mask made of 100% cotton as it allows skin to breathe a bit.
- Treat it like your underwear and wash it frequently!
- Ensure your mask fits properly to avoid chaffing.
- Simplify your daytime skincare routine as the mask will intensify product delivery to your skin (important to note if your products contain actives such as retinols or acids).
- Tone down your make-up, particularly if you sweat underneath your mask.
- Cleanse and moisturise your face thoroughly at the end of the day.
If you end up with maskne, try applying Folli Oil Emergency Fix on the spots. It's a targeted 2-step treatment that works on spots as well as ingrown hairs.